It is a fact that home security systems save lives and deter burglars everyday, so why doesn't everyone have a monitored system in their home? For some people, the choice to protect what matters most in their life with a security system is an easy one, and then there are those that are misinformed, or have questions, and/ concerns. The good news is that most objections are based on myths and we are happy to bust them for you.
1. "Home Security Systems are expensive" One of the biggest myths about home security systems is that they are not affordable for the average household. Security Essentials & Home Entertainment offer affordable solutions for protecting your family and home, no matter how big or how small the project. In fact, our team of professionals specialize in customizing a system that will accommodate your security and financial needs with rates as low as .67 a day. Also, many insurance company's offer up to a 20% discount on home insurance policies when you have an active system.
2. "I don't need a security system, I have a dog" Unless your furry friend is a professionally trained attack dog, you should think twice before you put your family's security in their paws. Several case studies conclude that the majority of indoor dogs' bark is in fact stronger than their bite. In fact, most canines were welcoming to the undercover burglar once they entered the unoccupied home.
3. "My pets will set off the alarm"This is only true if your system is not installed by a professional. Our security systems are custom designed with your pets in mind.
4. "I have insurance to cover my losses" True, insurance is designed to cover your financial losses due to a burglary, fire, flood, etc., but they can not prevent the damage or emotional stress that you may suffer due to such unfortunate circumstances.
5. "My neighborhood is safe" Your opinion of a "safe" neighborhood could be a target neighborhood in the eye's of a burglar and they know that you are not protected.
6. "Programming is complicated" Like any other technology new to your life there may be a learning curve, but if you can use a cell phone or dvd player you can operate a security system. In fact, our technicians will not leave the job site until we are confident that you know your system inside and out.
7. "I am home the majority of the time" Studies show the majority of home invasions occur during the day. So what do you do if you are home, no phone in sight and you notice that you are not alone? If you had a monitored system the authorities wouldn't be far away!
8. "I don't want to commit to a long-term contract" This is a common unfortunate misunderstanding because many security companies do require a 3-5 year commitment for monitored security. Fortunately, we are confident in our systems and service and offer month-to-month agreements. To secure your home or business call 859-2-SECURE (859-273-2873) today for your free consultation.