When searching online for an ‘alarm company near me,’ many people do not take into consideration all of the factors that set one alarm company apart from the rest. It is important to consider every component that goes into a specific alarm system to ensure that it is the right choice for your home. Some important factors to consider include the following:
- Protection - One of the biggest things to consider is the available protection that the alarm system can provide. Some recommended protection options include an automated response feature and a tampering resistant feature. Both of these help to ensure that the appropriate people can be notified in case of an emergency. It is also important to consider the maintenance options and how frequently the company tests their equipment to ensure it is working properly.
- Monitoring Options – Investigating the different types of monitoring systems may seem like an obvious thing to do, but it is often over looked. Typical monitoring options include landline, cellular, or broadband options. You should also confirm that the alarm system you choose is able to fully cover your entire home. Depending on the size and layout of your home, you might need to consider other options.
- Extra Services – With advances in modern technology, it is important to consider what extra features and services you want from your security alarm system. Extra services include fire and carbon monoxide monitors, panic buttons, or remote access. Some alarm systems also offer email, text or phone notifications from your security alarm. Live feed cellular monitoring and remote access to the alarm system are also possible through smart phone applications.
- Cost – Like most things, cost is an important factor to consider when choosing the right alarm system and the right alarm company to suit your needs. The most expensive system is not always the best – it all depends on what works best for your home!
- Reputation – Before deciding on which company and alarm system to choose, you should thoroughly investigate the reputation of the company, as well as of the alarm system. Check the reviews and be sure that you trust the manufacturer. Ask the company for references from past cliental and check any reviews. It is important that you are well informed about the alarm system and the company before you buy!
- Contract – It is essential to thoroughly check out the company and their contract. Some key questions to consider include: Does the company reserve the right to raise your rates at any time? Can the company provide proof of your alarm system to your homeowner’s insurance? Is the company fully licensed? Is the company a part of a recognized security association?
Security Essentials of Lexington is a Kentucky based alarm company with 30 years of experience in HD security camera and alarm monitoring. Offering several services ranging from equipment installation to verified video monitoring, Security Essentials of Lexington is the perfect alarm company near you and your home. Security Essentials of Lexington proudly secures clients in all neighborhoods in the Lexington-Fayette region, including: Blueberry Hill-Brigadoon-Stoneybrook-Baralto, Brookhaven-Lansdowne, Cardinal Hill-Pine meadow, Castlewood Park, Central Downtown, Chevy Chase-Ashland Park, Crestwood-Hinda Heights, Douglas High School, Douglas Park, Duncan Park, Eastern State Hospital, Eastland, Eastland Park-Dixie Plantation, Elkhorn Parks-Radcliff, Fairway-Liberty Heights, Garden Springs, Gardenside-Colony, Holiday Hills, Hollow Creek, Idle Hour, Indian Hills-Stonewall Estates-Monicello, Jamestown, Kenawood-Rockwood, Lexington Cemetery, Lexington Manor, Marriott’s Griffin Gate Golf Club, Mount Vernon-Hollywood-Montclair, Northland, Reservoir, Southeastern Hills, Souther Park, Southland-Deerfield-Open Gates, Thoroughbred Acres-Kingston, Twin Oaks, University of Kentucky, Virginia Avenue, and Warrenton-Harmitage Hills- Pinehurst.
If you are in the market for a new alarm system for your home, do not hesitate to contact Security Essentials of Lexington! Our advanced features and monitoring options put us one step ahead of the competition!