Feeling safe and secure at your home or at your business should always be a top priority. Luckily, with the today’s technology, high definition (HD) security cameras can give you numerous reasons to feel safe and secure in both your home and your business. There are many benefits to installing a HD camera system in your residential or commercial setting, including the following:
- Proactive Security Measures – HD security cameras allow homeowners and business owners to take control of their own security measures. You can now decide exactly what type of security camera would work best for you, including both visible or concealed cameras. Concealed security cameras in the form of ‘Nanny Cams’ are becoming an increasingly popular proactive security measure. These small cameras can be placed in clocks, smoke detectors, stereos or other discreet locations to record childcare happenings within your home.
- Crime Deterrent – One of the main benefits of security cameras is to act as a deterrent to crime. Generally, the first sight of a security camera is enough to scare most criminals away. This alone can keep your home or your office from becoming an easy target to criminals. However, if they are not deterred, you can rest easy knowing that you caught their identity and their actions on tape with your HD security camera.
- Multiple Monitoring Options – There are many different types of HD security system monitoring options available to homeowners and business owners. First, real time monitoring allows the user to monitor events in real time stored on your network drive. This can be especially beneficial to large companies that have security personnel monitoring the security system at all times. Remote monitoring is a great feature for homeowners or small business owners because it allows you to use a digital video recorder (DVR) to broadcast the camera footage over the Internet. This allows you to see what is happening in your house or business in real time on your smartphone, tablet or computer from a remote location. Finally, IT and data center surveillance monitor movements throughout your business from a remote IT hub or data center.
- Reduced Insurance Premiums and Taxes – For many homeowners and business owners, security cameras can reduce insurance premiums, dependent upon your specific insurance contract. You can also potentially receive a tax deduction on the purchase of the security camera. Additionally, for business owners, public records of security systems can protect you from fraudulent claims about criminal activity, like thefts or robberies.
- Legal Protection – It is uncommon to think that HD security cameras can provide legal protection for you, but HD cameras are able to accurately portray any events that occurred in your home or business. The latest technology in HD security cameras allows you to record audio, in addition to high-quality video. The audio and video recording can provide strong evidence of what really happened during a legal situation.
Whether you are a homeowner, a small business owner, or the CEO of a large corporation, Security Essentials of Lexington can help you determine the right HD security camera to fit your needs. Our team has years of experience dealing with high definition security camera systems in both commercial and residential settings in Lexington, Kentucky. Contact us today to see how we can assist you!